Are you feeling profound sadness after the death of a loved one?
Experiencing excessive guilt about something left unsaid or undone?
Maybe you’re gripped with fear? Caught in a cycle of anxiety, helplessness, or panic?
Or having trouble resuming a normal life with grief and pain as your constant companions?
Maybe you’d like professional support through a period of mourning?
Or maybe you are dealing with one of the following losses that does not involve a death, yet still causes great suffering:
– a child leaving home
– transition to parenthood and loss of “alone time” with your partner
– transition to kids going off to school for stay at home moms and questioning your purpose and identity now
– moving to a new location and loss of old life and relationships
– loss of a job
– loss of a marriage or partner – divorce/break ups
– loss of a socially “unacceptable” or secret relationship such as a marital affair
– loss of a relationship that was not validated by family and friends
– loss of a friendship
– loss of a pet
Grief and bereavement counseling offers a non judgmental, safe space for you to work through any issues you are unable to with others. I can provide you a much-needed safe space to work through your struggles with a caring, nonjudgmental professional.
I focus on helping people feel better and learn to cope with their grieving experience. I can help you learn to express and come to terms with the broad range of emotions involved in the grieving process, from those that you may expect — sadness, loneliness, exhaustion – to those that come as a surprise, such as relief, anger, and a sense of confusion. I offer a variety of therapeutic approaches to best support you and work with you as an equal collaborator to empower and engage your healing.
So if these describe you…
– You’re struggling to come to terms with a loss
– You feel overwhelmed with grief, fear, despair, or worry
– Your faith seems shattered and you feel abandoned at your time of greatest need
– You feel alone as everyone else seems to have moved on without you
– You want to live a happier, more connected life
– You’d like professional support to better cope through the grieving process
…Then grief and bereavement counseling may offer the support, guidance, and expert care you need.
In my grief and bereavement counseling I work with you toward lessening the pain so you can function well in your post-loss life. I listen with empathy, discuss ways to deal with unhelpful and unhealthy thoughts and behaviors, and teach you techniques to manage distress and enable you to move forward. If you’d like me to show you how, please contact me today for an appointment.